Access the Applicable Forms for Research Activities at UC Davis:
- Animal Care & Use Forms
- Biological Safety/ Biohazard Use Forms
- Contract & Grant Administration Forms (Sponsored Programs)
- Export Control Forms
- Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Forms
- Human Anatomical Specimen and Tissue Form
- IRB Administration
- Intellectual Property Management Forms (InnovationAccess)
- Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS) Assistance Form
- Requests for Office of Research Funding
- Stem Cell Research Forms
- Training & Education Form: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
For additional information contact the responsible OR unit.
Oversight of the use of infectious biological agents, recombinant DNA/RNA, and the propagation and release of recombinant organisms including plants, animals and microbial agents is the responsibility of UC Davis Safety Services.
Sponsored Programs provides administrative support on issues pertaining to contract and grant administration. Below are forms and templates to assist in the preparation of proposals and management of awards.
- Cayuse SP – Internal Processing Form – Select Cayuse SP
- Instructions (PDF)
- Cayuse SP – Role Delegation Authorization Form (PDF)
- Form 105: Request for Exception to Policy on Eligibility to Undertake Sponsored Research/Other Sponsored Activity (PDF)
- Form 205A: Sample Cover Page (PDF)
- Budget Templates
- Protocol Certification Form (PDF)
- AB 20: Model Contract Language for Contracts with State of California Agencies
- Forms for (outgoing) Subawards (Visit the Subawards section for instructions)
- PI/Department Checklist
- Subrecipient or Contractor (Vendor) Guidance
- Subaward Request Form
- Commitment Form(s)
- Sole Source Justification Form
- Mini Audit Questionnaire
- Financial Disclosure Form – Non PHS
- PHS Financial Disclosure Form
- Research Agreement Template for Projects Sponsored by For-Profit Entities (PDF)
- Attention Researchers Funded By PHS Or other Entities that have adopted PHS COI rules: Access to New Mandatory Online Disclosure Form for PHS Researchers: Click here (researchcoi.ucdavis.edu)
- Training Document for Subrecipients (PDF) (*to be used by Subrecipients only)
- Online State Disclosure:
- Online Form 700-U (Click Here);
- Per State of California requirements, the PI must complete and submit an online 700-U form.
- Do not submit this form , if State of California has exempted the sponsor (please see list of exempt sponsors).
- Online Supplemental Form (Click Here), used in the event that 700-U shows financial interest.
- Online Form 700-U (Click Here);
** NOTE: You must complete the Supplemental Form if you answer YES to any question on the 700-U Form. A “Positive Disclosure” cannot be reviewed without a completed Supplemental Form.**
- Online Non-PHS Federal Disclosure, including Non-PHS Funded Research involving Human Subjects (Listing of required Non-PHS Government Sponsored Projects)
** NOTE: You must complete the Supplemental Form if you answer YES to the disclosure question on the Form 800. A “Positive Disclosure” cannot be reviewed without a completed Supplemental Form. **
The Research Compliance & Integrity unit provides administrative support to the Human Anatomical Specimen and Tissue Oversight Committee (HASTOC).
- An Anatomical Materials Request Application (AMRA) must be submitted to the Body Donation Program for review and approval in order to obtain an anatomical specimen. Please contact the Body Donation Program.
The IRB Administration provides administrative support on issues pertaining to human research protection and supports the UC Davis Institutional Review Board (IRB). UC Davis has adopted a Human Research Protection Program Plan that outlines our responsibility to the UC Davis research community. View our Standard Operating Procedures here.
The IRB has created an Investigator Manual that outlines the duties and responsibilities of investigators engaged in human subjects research at the University of California, Davis. The IRB requires that all first time and current principal investigators to review and utilize this manual before and during their research. UC Davis has adopted a Human Research Protection Program Plan that outlines our responsibility to the UC Davis research community. View our Standard Operating Procedures here.
The IRB has adopted the IRBNet suite of tools, accessible via the internet, bringing electronic protocol management, on-line submission and many other important research oversight features to the University of California, Davis research community. For more information visit our IRBNet webpage
FormsForms are also located in IRBNet within the “Forms and Templates” section.
- HRP-212 Continuing Review Progress Report (01/24/19)
- HRP-212 Continuing Review Relying sIRB Site (05/16/18)
- Sample Reportable New Information Summary Table (12/02/13)
- HRP-213 Modification (03/10/16)
- HRP-215 Research Personnel List Template (03/08/17)
- HRP-214 Reportable New Information (11/16/17)
- HRP-226 Administrative Approvals (06/03/15)
- Sponsor Fee Form
- IRB Related Finacial Interest Reporting Questionnaire (10/29/18)
HIPAA Authorization Version 2017 is required for studies initially approved on or after June 1, 2018
NOTE: Do not include the HIPAA Authorization in Submissions to the IRB. For any questions regarding HIPAA Authorizations, please contact the Compliance Department.
- HIPAA Authorization for Research (Version 2017)
TemplatesTemplates are also located in IRBNet within the “Forms and Templates” section.
- HRP-502 Consent Form (12/04/18 Removed Clinical Trials Consent Template and added General Consent Template compliant with 2018 Common Rule)
- HRP-502 Template – General
- HRP-502 Template – General (2018 Common Rule Compliant)
- HRP-502 Template for Minimal Risk Specimen Research (2018 Common Rule Compliant)
- HRP-502 Template for Survey/Interview Research (2018 Common Rule Compliant)
- HRP-502 Template – Exempt Research (2018 Common Rule Compliant)
- Consent Form Language
- HRP-503 Protocol Templates
Letter – School Permission to Conduct Research (08/27/14)
Consent Document – Emergency Use (06/01/15)
Consent Document – Short Form (07/01/14)
NOTE: Do not include worksheets and checklists in Submissions to the IRB.
Calculation of Approval Intervals
Communication of Review Results
Evaluation of Quorum and Expertise
Determining Common Rule Version
Human Research Determination
Eligibility for Review Using the Expedited Procedure
Criteria for Approval and Additional Considerations
Requirements for Informed Consent
Short Form of Consent Documentation
Additional Federal Agency Criteria
Scientific or Scholarly Review
Review of Information Items
Criteria for Approval and Additional Considerations HUD
Contract Items Related to Human Subject Protections
Clinical Trials Contraception
Review of Local Research Context
Research Involving Communities
Waiver or Alteration of the Consent Process
Waiver of Written Documentation of Consent
Neonates of Uncertain Viability
Cognitively Impaired Adults
Non-Significant Risk Device
Waiver of the Consent Process for Emergency Research
Investigator Quality Improvement Assessment
Minutes Quality Improvement Assessment
HIPAA Waiver of Authorization
External IRB Review of UC Davis Human Subject Research
InnovationAccess provides administrative support on issues pertaining to intellectual property management.
- Inventor/Author Statement Concerning Involvement in Licensing Decisions (Form TT-100) (to identify potential conflicts of interest they may have in negotiations to license their inventions from the University) (DOC | PDF)
- Material Transfer, Data Transfer or Confidentiality Agreement Request Form (DOC)
- Photocopier Copyright Notification Sign (DOC)
- Proposal to Distribute Copyright-Protected Work Created Under University Auspices (DOC | PDF)
- Record of Invention (ROI) Disclosure Form (DOC | PDF)
- ROI Additional Inventor Signature Page (DOC | PDF)
- UC Davis Exclusive Patent License – sample only (PDF)
- UC Davis Bilateral Confidentiality Agreement – sample only (PDF)
- UC Patent Acknowledgment (rev. 2/2011)
The Interdisciplinary Research Support unit coordinates the development and preparation of interdisciplinary research activities.
The Business & Finance unit administers Office of Research funding programs.
- Application to Conduct Human Stem Cell Research (DOC)
- Request for Protocol Amendment (PDF)
- Report of Unforeseen Issues Involving Research with Human Embryonic Stem Cells (DOC)
- Cover letter used to verify completion of the NIH-required tutorials by any member of the team with any responsibility for design, conduct or reporting of the results of the project. This form is required by NIH as a part of proposals. Please see details at: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/peer/guidelines_general/Guidelines_for_the_Review_of_the_Human_Subjects.pdf.