The University of California has a long history of cooperation with industry in the support of research that is consonant with the university’s mission of teaching, research and public service. One of the primary purposes of the university is to carry out research to advance the frontiers of science and technology and further the university’s educational programs. UC Davis encourages research collaborations with industry when that research does not interfere with university commitments and:
- Provides faculty the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge of value to their teaching and research;
- Is suitable research through which the individual may make worthy contributions to knowledge; or
- Is an appropriate public service.
There are many resources available to support research partnership with industry. These include:
- Guide to Building Industry-University Collaborations
- Identify Faculty Expertise
- About Sponsored Research
- Educate Your Employees
- Transferring Research Materials and Confidential Disclosures
- Additional partnership opportunities
If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Corporate Relations at email@example.com.